Monday, March 22, 2010

Bad Mama--almost a month and no posts!

my most recent art (in the bathtub)
(warm'n up the vocal chords with a little jingle bells)
(i love to walk daisy)
(i can play without even looking)


rock star
i love jack too.
Mama says sorry yall that she has been sick, busy and negligent of the blog. A nasty virus hit our house and I was sick and then mama was sick, and still is a little bit...like 10 days later! But we are all on the mend and spring is here and that means lots of time playing in the alley. Today we took a wagon ride and walked my dogs to the mailboxes. That's right, daisy is now good enough to walk all the way to the mailboxes and back (but not much further). I tell her all the time she is a good girl and that I love her. I have also learned to tell her "no bark." I am talking up a storm. Mama picked me up from daycare the other day and (at 22 months) I said, "What did you do today, Jen" clear as day. I know his mama's name is Jen and papa's name is Tom and when prodded, and asked what my name is, I always first reply "big boy" and then with big pride I say "Ellis Hayes." And I am a big boy. Tonight after dinner I was contemplating life and coloring when I looked at mama and said, gotta poop...so we ran up to the potty and I did it, I took a gigantic human poop on the pot. Mama loved on me for an hour over it. After this weekend, I should be fully potty-trained, only in underpants, all the time, even at night. I love to talk about my friends and what I do, and about the bulldozers across the street and of course, how the "train went to the roundhouse to take a nap and when it wakes up it will carry freight to the next town" (yes, no joke). 22 months old folks, I am one smart articulate cookie. Life is good.

No comments: